Wednesday 1 May 2019

スティーブンの自己紹介


  Hello, everyone. My name is Quanzhi Zhang and my English name is Steven. This is my third year in University of Calgary, and my major is computer science. Although I am taking computer science for my major, I am very interested in Japanese culture so that why I am also thinking Japanese courses from university. I was born in China and I have been Canada for seven years, so actually my first language is Chinese, and Japanese should be my third language. I start learning Japanese from the winter term in 2017 so I have been learning Japanese in university for 2 years. My interests of Japanese culture are almost from the videos and books I read about Japan when I was young. When I was in high school, I spend a huge amount of time watching anime and manga and light novel and for learning about Japan deeply, I began to do some research about Japanese culture from books and internet  because I know the topic of anime and manga are from the opinion and idea of the author and their thought are influenced by Japanese culture and society.
  This is my first time traveling to Japan, so I feel very excited about it. Although I learn a lot of things from the internet about Japanese society and culture, it still cannot compare with going into the country and see everything by my own eyes. When I was watching anime and read novels, and I am keeping imaging what is Japan looks like in the real world. And I am also really interested in Japanese food because all the videos I watch about the food all around the world strongly recommend the Japanese cuisine. The Japanese food combines many different countries’ cuisine and add their own local understanding and tradition of the food to create delicious Japanese foods. However, the imagination is usually different from the reality, so I cannot have the same feeling until I taste true Japanese food by myself. By the way, I have a little goal for this trip is that I want to try all the convenient store food in Tokyo. I have many motivations before I go to Japan and those goals had been created for very long time, so I am really looking forward to travelling to Japan. On one hand, I can experience the Japanese culture in Tokyo. On another hand, this experience can help me plan if I want to work or study in Japan after I graduate from University of Calgary.
  Since I am interested in Japanese life, my topic for the project will mainly focus on the impact of Japanese different career to individuals in Japan. I want to discover that how Japanese jobs influence individuals’ lifestyle. From this research, I might find out am I able to work or study in Japan or not in the future and which kind of person will perfectly fit into Japanese society environment.
I am excited for this program and I believe I will find much more new things than I thought in Japan.


初めまして、私はスティーブンともします、よろしくお願いいたします。私はカルガリー大学の三年生て、専攻はコンピューター科学です。趣味は日本のアニメと漫画と小説と料理ですから、今回の旅がすごく期待しています。私が日本語を勉強し始めたのは二年前のことでした。日本語は素晴らしい言語と思って、今はも勉強しています。私のプロジェクトのテーマは「日本の仕事は人々の生活にとって、何の影響がります」ということですから、たくさんの調査をするつもりです。よろしくお願いします。

No comments:

Post a Comment