Wednesday 1 May 2019

サマンサの自己紹介


Hello! My name is Samantha Hau and I am a fourth year East Asian Studies student at the University of Calgary. Ever since I was little, I have always had an interest in Japanese culture and entertainment. I grew up watching anime and enjoying Japanese music as a child. I remember coming home from school and immediately turning on my computer to binge watch anime until it was time to sleep. Although I had stopped watching anime in recent years, I instead have moved on to appreciate the mannerisms of Japanese people and enjoyed researching the history of Japanese people. I also have taken great interest in Japanese games like Final Fantasy series, Samurai Warrior series and other MMORPG games.

I traveled to Japan for the first time back in 2008 with my family. It was an enjoyable time but also a stressful one as my mother and brother both lack directional skills so I was assigned to look out for them. Because I had to spend a lot of my time searching for my brother and mother, I regrettably did not have much fun or time to take in the scenery and culture around me. This time around, I am determined to enjoy myself and make lots of happy memories! I am fortunate enough to be able to stay an extra three weeks after the Senshu program so I hope to travel across Japan to experience the different aspects of Japanese culture. I will be traveling up north towards Sendai and Miyagi prefecture to stay with my cousin who is currently teaching English there to experience the countryside lifestyle. Afterwards, I plan to travel to Kyoto and Osaka to tour the amazing historic sites there. I hope to in the future find a job in Japan or teach English so I can enjoy the culture to the fullest for an extended period.

My topic for this Senshu trip will mainly focus on multicultural societies in Japan. Being an East Asian Studies student, multiculturalism fascinates me. I enjoy seeing how different cultures integrate themselves into a foreign country and how they thrive in a country away from home.

はじめまして! 私は、カルガリー大学美術学部東アジア研究4年のサマンサとお申します。専修大学で日本語と日本文化を勉強するのを楽しみにしています。たくさん美味しい食べ物を食べたり、新しい友達を作ったりしたいです。日本にデザートとラーメンはとても美味しそうです。たくさん楽しみにをしましょう!よろしくお願いします。

No comments:

Post a Comment